11 August 2006

My dad is so predictable
Friday, August 11, 2006

My dad is so predictable

Mom: Let's go and dine at Ikkyu tonight
Moth: What about Dad?
Mom: Go Ikkyu together-lor of course
Moth: Huh? Go there, later he'll say go Saisaki better laa this laa that laa
Mom: Won't lar, we just went there last week
Bro: True also-wor. The price would be about the same. He just might...
Mom: No-lar..won't lar.
Bro: He'll compare the price and say Ikkyu's food is not worth it etc.

Ikkyu is a Japanese restaurant around my area. For certain reason, we (me, my mom and bro) prefer to head there for simple Japanese food for a simple casual family dinner... but not my Dad. My dad likes Saisaki - THAT Japanese buffet restaurant in Wisma UOA, KL - no wait, not 'like' , is LOVE - my dad LOVES Saisaki, to the extend he'll ask for it EVERYday. Gila myaa.. *oops..

Anyway, its a long wait at Ikkyu today. While we're all trying to strike up conversations while waiting for the food, Dad got a lil' impatient:

Dad: Haiiz.. Have to wait so long. If I know like this, go Saisaki better!
Moth: (whisper to bro) See? So predictable
Mom: You guys know your dad really well!

(Eating eating halfway)

Dad: Where can eat one this kinda thing?
Moth: (Pretend not hearing)
Bro: (Ignored)
Mom: (Frustrated look)
Dad: Next time invite me also I won't come

(After dinner, got the bill yada yada)

Dad: How much-ar?
Moth: One hundred and....
Dad: WHAT? whoaa.. too expensive!
Mom: Usual-laa Japanese food. What you expect?
Dad: Go Saisaki eat all you want, and same price!
Moth: If only 4D is as predictable...
Mom: Ya-lor... Haizz.. You all really his son. Know him so well
Dad: (Continues to 'ngum')
Moth: Standard laa.. everywhere same same
Dad: Pay that much, didn't even get to eat sashimi .. (blah blah blah)
Mom: (Shakes head)
Moth: (Ignore mode 'On')
Bro: (Super Ignore mode 'On')

Gee Dad.. give us something new can or not? *shakes head*

2 comments:

  1. i hvn't been to saisaki, shogun, ikkuyu, jogoya... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oli - its okay.. need not go to those. go those hi-class mya jap restaurant better

    ReplyDelete