15 January 2006

English comes First
Sunday, January 15, 2006

English comes First

Went out for lunch with Alan, and he told me alot of things about his nephews that really surprises me - and it's kinda *yaiks! to see my friend got so furious just talking about it.

"They're chinese educated, of course they can speak chinese but they don't want. Even their parents have to talk to them in english , if not, my nephew will start ignoring them and give them one look. Very biased when it comes to Chinese-thing. Dunno why..."

"Ask them to eat Chinese food also they don't like ( note : immediately, running in me head, the song that goes - chinese food makes me sick ). Very 'lan-si' wan the fella . When it comes to Chinese festive celebrations, they won't care, they don't want to know. Christmas - AHhhh! they will know and interested to know how and what..."

Gee.. kids nowadays *ahem* It's as though speaking chinese will practically make them ah-bengs/ah-lians and instantly down-grade their social status. What on earth? They definitely missed out all the fun hey! ........ AND of course *ahem*, there's nothing wrong with being ah-bengs/ah-lians in the first place *cough*cough*

Exception goes to real 'bananas'-lar who doesn't know any chinese dialects, thats acceptable and forgiven, but but but... the nephews were chinese-educated. How improper would that be? Bah! Westernised chinese brats. Be proud hey! CNY is around the corner ( I wonder if they'll ignore the 'ang pow' part as well ? ) - I DOUBT so.

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment