21 October 2006

A job to settle
Saturday, October 21, 2006

A job to settle

Invisible Waves
http://www.invisiblewaves.com/

A Friday night is supposed to be relaxing and fun. The initial plan was to go out and catch up with a few friends of mine but it rain so darn heavily, the plan was cancelled. The darn weather tries to be funny these days and is always against my plan *urrgh!

So what else is there to do? You guessed it. I switched on the TV, turn to Channel 39 and watched a movie which is already playing halfway through. I caught the trailer some nights ago. It seems like an interesting movie. So I decided to go with it, since there's nothing better to do. The funny thing about this movie is that, I don't really understand what's going on, yet it keeps me wanting to watch it. Yeah sure, I read the synopsis.. roughly knew what's the plot and such but.. I just don't quite get what is being portrayed in the movie. Its dark... Its slow.. Its weird.. abit boring... but strangely enough.. I also find it interesting.

That got me thinking for a while. If I'm not comfortable with something, what keeps me going then? There must be some hidden element that attracts. Perhaps in this movie, its the mixture of languages and places and actors/actresses. Or it could be the music.

Then.. it got me thinking about my job. I've always complained about being busy at work, working with stupid clients whom I can't stand. But, while complains are complains, I do not intend to take any further actions - Not because I'm lazy, not because I dare not make the change, not because I'm not capable of making the change. Just like the movie, I believe theres more to all these negative statements.

Things 'seem' to be okay. There has been some rough moments with projects, with clients, with the management and with my colleagues - but personally, I do not find any big issues around. If I'm not comfortable, I would've quit - but I did not, and that tells me I'm still 'okay' with the current situation. Its not because I have no choice but to 'embrace' it ( as how one of my colleague put it these days ). Its also not because I'm letting myself succumb to the management. Its because I'm still fine with the place. If I'm not, I don't see the point of staying. Do you? I am definitely one who would rather make the first move ( spell R-E-S-I-G-N-A-T-I-O-N ), before things got worse later.. ( ie, kena 'fried sotong' )

I may have lost my passion, but I'm still a keen fan of the design world and thats important to me now. Rebuilding my passion is just a matter of time and place.

I hate my position at the moment, but I love my job. Do you guys understand where I'm coming from? Work place - u love em', u hate em'

p/s : Don't worry, I'm not quitting AGAIN hahaha. My resume is already looking bad with all the job hops within the last 2 years. LOL XD

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment