17 February 2009

Stupid Cupid
Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stupid Cupid

Karen and Albert is finally getting married! - after ALMOST 10 solid years now. THAT, is some big news. I don't mind getting the red bomb from them hey and more importantly because *drum rolls*.... I was their matchmaker XD (well, technically lar).

Karen was my classmate back then during college days. We were in the same group for a particular project. Albert, on the other hand, is a friend I know from another course. To keep things short and simple,
  1. Albert has a crush on Karen.
  2. Albert wanted to confess.
  3. Albert wanted me pass his love letter to Karen - According to Karen then, the letter goes along the line of 'Can we be friends?' - the helpful me (who finds it FAR-nee) agreed to Albert's request.
  4. Karen denied the 'love' from Albert. Excuse: He just wanna be friends la.. (Obviously she hasn't feel the love yet).
  5. I then, became the official postman between the two. Passing letters/messages.
  6. Before you know it, they started sharing the same umbrella on 1 rainy day, walking home together... I MEAN, Albert walking Karen home, together. Ta-daa.. a new couple was born!
When Karen breaks the news to me via MSN, I sent an sms to Albert congratulating them. The courteous Albert replied:

"I need 2 thank u more than anything. Without u, then all this is not possible. Thx man, Owe u big time. Haha. So please come (to my wedding) ya. I would like 2 intro u as my honourable guest"

That is so sweet! Haha. Close friend of mine, Bliss, said I have done 1 good thing in life now, WHICH IS GOOD :D

BUT horrr, there's a Cantonese saying "不做中,不做保,不做媒人三代好" (loosely translated as Don't be the Middleman, Don't be the Guarantor, Don't be the Matchmaker and Three Generations of yours will be good) - In this case I am the "媒人" (matchmaker) .. HOW? Three generations of my life ruined d lorr?? ~~ :p aiyooyoo~

4 comments:

  1. if they hv a baby boy next time, hv them name the boy after you lah :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea. i'll make sure i bring it up wakakakaka. then they'll have a son call KENNY YEOH.. wakakakaka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good Lord! Coincidentally, I've a photographer friend called KENNY YEOH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Train him to be a gay, then Mr Kenny Yeoh would be a great erotic photographer.

    ReplyDelete