20 December 2013

Job opportunities everywhere
Friday, December 20, 2013

Job opportunities everywhere

For weeks, I have contemplated whether or not to apply for a Sr. Visual Designer role at a local telecommunication corporation. Just when I decided to hit that "APPLY BUTTON", it says the dateline is over. Just great. I missed out on an opportunity... or could it be a sign?

Out of the blue, something else caught my attention. Hmm, a Brand Manager (Art Director role) for an Airline. Something closer to what I have in mind. I guess I could give it a try. Off I sent my resume - I'll just have to wait for a reply (that is, if I get shortlisted). Then comes a phone call from a recruitment company asking if I'm interested to give it a go as a Sr. Art Director role at media agency.




And then ANOTHER phone call from my previous Creative Director asking if there's any chance I'd like to consider continuing my previous position. And on top of that, an ex-digital producer who is also from the same company (now, gone solo) also asked me the same. Hmm.. looks like I'm stuck in between. Both have its pros and cons. The easier way out is really to just be a freelancer...

Now that it has come to the end of December and CNY around the next corner, I thought I would postpone my job hunting (the heck..) and then, pops a Facebook message - an ex-colleague suggests I try out at his agency. Expanding the digital team he said. Hahhaha great! I guess somebody up there doesn't want to let me quit.

So much opportunities. Good jobs, lousy jobs.. it is still a job. Now who says getting a job in Malaysia is difficult?

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment