23 January 2014

Fresh grad problems
Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fresh grad problems

I have 2 nephews, both children of my paternal half-brother. For the very first time, I had the longest conversation with my younger nephew ever over lunch today. We talked more than 30 minutes! HAH! Break record -sial!

Apparently, he's about to graduate with a Diploma. We talked about internships, companies and expectations, dream jobs, interviews, career paths and directions. To be honest, the entire conversation felt weird and a lil' awkward. Simply because we don't usually get to talk to each other. And to begin with, I don't even get to see him very often (usually only during festive days or less). So this whole idea about ME educating HIM on his STUDIES and about WORK and sharing my personal job experiences, is pretty unusual... (like who am I-lar to give him such advice and insights?). But I guess I did what I possibly could - damn those strenuous questions that seems to bother every fresh grads ie. tackling job interview questions, who and where to work, work etiquette etc. etc. Hoo-boy! Tough one.. tough one. Oh well, at least I did my part as an uncle! YAY! :D  Whether or not it helped, that, I don't care... LOL

- To think of it... it is supremely rare for someone in my family tree to have achieved that high academic qualification (aside from moi *ahem*). Everyone else is either a high-school graduate or....  a high-school graduate. By far, I'm the only one who holds a Bachelor Degree in the paternal side of the family *cough *cough . So, kudos to my nephew who has made it this far! I hope he will continue studying for a Degree. No pain, no gain...


0 bright lights:

Post a Comment