07 March 2015

Cutting down on protein
Saturday, March 07, 2015

Cutting down on protein


20 grams of meat protein in a single day

That's the number I need to remember. 20 grams divided by 3 portions (3 meals a day), thats roughly about 6 to 7g of meat protein I can take per meal (which is about the size of a matchbox OR the portion of 1 whole egg). I roughly checked through some sites and it seems like every 100g of meat gives a +/- 20g of protein. That's like 1 and a 1/2 chicken drumstick IN ONE FWAKING DAY! Oh dear, that's very little... (order KFC Snack Plate also gotta think twice now.. eeeks)..

I have been cutting down alot of meat in my meals for the past 1 week - replaced with either more carbs, snacks in between or fruits and vegetables to fill in my extremely hungry stomach.. which sadly doesn't really help! It is just not satisfying! I just realized that I am more carnivorous than I thought... *sobs* I might as well turn vegetarian

Suddenly, KFC became my worst enemy~
Suddenly, mata kerbau doesn't sound appealing anymore...
Suddenly, I have to bid farewell to beancurd... (no more agedashi tofu)



and MOTHER of ALL SUDDENLY-s, roti kosong became my favorite choice of supper...

20 grams.. hmm...

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment