17 April 2016

No respect from me anymore
Sunday, April 17, 2016

No respect from me anymore

I did something one might say unethical today. Do I give a f*cking shit? No. Here's why..

Backtrack a lil', just about 3 weeks ago, one of my secondary school teacher added a large pool of ex-La Sallians (yes I'm a La Salle boy) into a whatsapp group chat for the very first time in 17 years and the first thing she said was asking for a donation drive (well, it's more of like buying tickets for a dinner but to me, it's all the same).

Well, only 2 out of 20 people responded to the text message - unsurprisingly really. Because who the f*ck would give a damn shit to someone who just randomly pops up and came knocking at your door asking for money?

Anyway fast forward 3 weeks later, she sent another message to the group. "So, I only get 2 responses", she said. Adding on that the ticket only cost RM200-300 per pax which she believe we could all afford. So another idiot responded. "Good, now I have 3 responses", she replied.

What just happened here? Seriously? She's STILL treating us like school kids as though we are obliged to answer to her? And who is she to ASSUME we are all doing well and that everyone could afford an RM200-300 for a stupid f*cking dinner?

So ladies and gentlemen, I immediately left the group without saying a word cuz I'm bloody disappointed and annoyed with it and guess what? 30minutes later she sent me a private message, "Hey moth, didn't even say hello and just left?". That's it! THAT'S THE LINE there!

Being the really bitchy me who doesn't care much about this entire never forget your alma mater secondary school shit thingy, I wrote her a long reply about:

1) how disappointed I am with her starting the conversation asking for a donation.

2) how she just assume we all did fine and everyone is well-off now.

3) how uncomfortable it is to be added into a group chat with 20 other secondary school juniors and seniors.

4) ..and how NOT FINE I am right now!

And I just click the SEND button like that, without even thinking whether or not this is ethical or immoral or whatever shit - I just wanna tell her how I feel so she would stop being a 'teacher' to all her 30-40 years old 'students'. Like wake up already ma'am , these grown up men are no longer your used-to-be teacher's pet! Stop commanding / ordering / forcing them like u used to. Show some respect la!

She replied not long after - explaining how she thought whatsapp would be an ideal method to send the messages across to everyone within such a short time frame. Didn't know I was offended and she apologized for that, and yada yada yada (I don't care , talk to my hand.. You get no more respect from me! You successfully destroyed your own good image yourself..)

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment