10 January 2006

Push, Hint, Marriage
Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Push, Hint, Marriage

"I've been receiving so many Wedding invitation cards...(paused)... *sigh, when is it going to be MY turn to give out invitation cards for my sons' wedding?"

"Don't look at me. I'm not gonna get married. Single cannot-meh?"

"You CRAZY-ah? Not get married? Its a 'must' in your life to marry someone....bla bla bla (and it goes on from here)"

Thats me mom. I argued with her for a good 10 minutes on this issue of a 'must' marriage. She pointed out that its important to find a soulmate so that you wouldn't be alone in the future (when you're old, can't move, sad life.. yada yada..at least there's someone to accompany you... more yada yada....) *Nods* I totally agree with that.

Yup. There's nothing wrong in what she pointed out. Its just that I hate it when she said its 'a must'. Who said its 'a must' ? Yaa, my mom did and thats it. Period.

I've been getting alot of things like these for the past few weeks. Questions after Questions - asking me to look for 'the one', bring her(him) home, introduce her(him) to the family, get married. Hooboy, thats' just so f*ckin tiring to my ears. Fine~ next time, I shall bring someone home.

"Mom, meet ___(fill in the blank with a guy's name)___. He's 'the one' and we're getting married somewhere probably in Spain or Netherlands. I'm sure he will take nice care of me. And I will too, dontcha worry"

Nah, its NEVER gonna happen. Darn.. it sounds so easy here!

I really hope she'd stop all these :- asking me to seek for someone / introduce me to her friend's daughter / 'you'll know how we feel when you get to be someone's parent in the future' . It spells H-E-A-D-A-C-H-E.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* it does sound so easy yet so hard.. i understand...

    -plastyk

    ReplyDelete