05 January 2007

Enjoy your food, sir..
Friday, January 05, 2007

Enjoy your food, sir..

Going out for dinner with Mr. Impatient can be uncool AND .... uncool.

i) rule A - the place has got to be NEAR (it means you won't 'feel' as though you've sat in the car for more than 30 minutes). rule B - the distance from the car to the table has to be taken into consideration. (which means no more than 30 steps away or 'feel' like 100 steps away).

ii) I'm indecisive. He's indecisive. and no one can make up their mind what's for dinner and WHERE - which is bad cause' it feels damn weird with your hands on the steering wheel and not knowing where to go...

iii) He, who said "anything, up to you. you drive, you make the call" usually doesn't quite mean it. He will have dozen of reasons to ban your suggestion... in the end, guess who made the call?

iv) its RUSH-RUSH : Mr. Impatient doesnt like to wait. So you won't have enough time to go through the menu, read the description and eenie-mini-mynee-moe. You are required to *SNAP* and order ASAP... don't you even dare let the waiter/waitress wait for more than 30 seconds...

And thats when I simply choose my food and not enjoying it in the end. Come to think of it, my 1 hour lunch during working hours are far better - at least I get to sLOwly choose what I want...

v) its MORE RUSH-RUSH : You won't have time to finish your last sip of chinese tea (or any drinks for that matter) cause' when Mr. Impatient is done with his food, he's on 'Let's Go' mode.

Already sibeh rush at work. Go out dinner STILL have to rush. Why must make my life so gancheong-larr... *sigh.. I think, soon I'll forget how to slow down.

vi) Mr. Impatient loves to stuff you with food, whether you like it or not. To say 'no' is considered super duper rude.

Situation 1
Mr. I : "I can't finish this fish, nah, give you half"
Me : "Noo... dunwant!"
Mr. I : "Eat-lar... eat more"
Me : "............(I don't like fish gehh lor)"

Situation 2
Mr. I : "I want this, this and this, this one too, and that too"
Me : "Cannot finish laa.. so many. Enough lor"
Mr. I : "Can laa.. you around mar .. you can eat"
Me : "............(I'm on diet gehh lor)"

Situation 3
Mr. I : "I don't want this already"
*SPLAT the remaining food onto my plate*
Me : "............(knnccbmchtnshkchkl)"

-Speechless-

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment