12 May 2007

I need to strike 4D, like SOON!
Saturday, May 12, 2007

I need to strike 4D, like SOON!

There wasn't any plan of getting Mom anything or even bringing her out for a nice dinner this year. I am just lazy, and heck, its too late to do anything now, all nice restaurants are fully booked. As usual, aside from yours truly, no one in the family talks about Mother's Day. There will be thousand and million of reasons why they aren't bothered. The usual one being : "Aiyahh, everyday also can be mother's day larr, why must we make it such a big thing on this particular day". Well, arguably true, but seriously.. aside from Mom's birthday, how often do we buy Mom pressies / bring her out for a good meal in that remaining 364 days?

I don't know about you, but my answer is 'close to/almost never' - which explains why the feeling of guilt this afternoon - guilty for not getting the Overgrown Princess in the house anything for Mother's day tomorrow. Of course, I understand its not really about the gift (or even the value of .. whatever you're presenting). Me Mom is okay with the fact that she's not gonna receive anything this year nor are we going out for dinner etc. (Yaa.. I told her that several days ago) - she seems fine.

But the thing is - I, wo, ngor, watashiwa, aku yang felt bad gila...

So, WATDAFWAK, last minute shopping it is!! Gintell, Ogawa IS DEFINITELY OUT! Kancil, MyVi, ViVA is obviously wayyyyy out of the question. Perfumes, cosmetic products *yawnn* - sudahhlaah , the Estee Lauder pack I got her last year also belum habiiss guna pon. Birdnest, chinese herbs etc - its prolly gonna end up in my stomach instead of hers :p (if you get what I mean, you know, MOTHERS!). Spa/massage voucher sounds good but I doubt she'll go for it. Flowers and cakes are.. too biasa. Getting her a daughter-in-law is totally absurd an idea. Handbags/ shoes/ clothes /accessories - this aunty has got expensive taste in this department, but nevertheless I decided to head for category 'accessories'.

I got her a ring (with a twinkling blue stone)

:)

Bottom Line is : I GOT HER SOMETHING! YAY oh joy!!! Now, it 'feels' like Mother's Day again! I'm glad I went for the last minute shopping.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments: