13 May 2007

a PT can come from a long way..
Sunday, May 13, 2007

a PT can come from a long way..

I can't remember if its the 1st or the 2nd PT (Personal Training/Trainer) session, but he told me he used to be a cyclist. Used to represent Malaysia. I remember he was telling me this as he watches closely on the news of the cycling event on CNBC channel. He even tells me who's the fella on the screen (the world champion apparently), that he met him before in UK and he's trained to cycle god-knows-how-far-a-distance at the velodrome each day. If I am not mistaken, he did not take his eyes off the TV channel then.

I am no sports lover. So, that piece of information certainly does not go through my mind. Moreover, I was too exhausted to digest all that cycling facts he threw at me. I just 'layan-ed' all his statements with "Ohh, wow", "Okay" and "Uh huh". I must admit I was not interested at ALL then.

So, what is it about this post and my PT?

A web designer never leaves the WWW. And since I'm good friends with Google search, I thought I'll just randomly look it up (his name) and see what's there for me to find out. By the way, its 12.45am - so, that's like ONE of the many entertainments I can get during such hour. Bleh *grins*.

Anyway, back to the search topic.. I was surprised to have found my PT's friendster account hahaha. I mean c'mon, how often would you get someone's friendster account as the first search result? Of course, I clicked into it - its only natural for moi to do so, like hullo? that's the point of googling up his name - to find out more about him (eventhough I wasn't expecting anything). By now, you'd probably think I have a crush on my own PT. *SIGH, you people* . He's not bad looking at all but a PT is a PT, moreover he's married and he's got such an adorable daughter :) Okay too much info.

(Geesh) ANYWAY, I found out... okay.. he really IS (was?) a Malaysia rep in the cycling world. Darn! I'm impressed! (YAaah, I know he TOLD me.. but its just different okay? listening and really seeing it yourself is different ah-kay?). So I started googling up even more about him - the games he took part in, the medals, the news - its everywhere! Okay, so maybe he didn't win like ALOT of medals for our country but..

'Impressed' may not be the word anymore. I have full respect for him man! and this guy whose name was once on the International cycling event and competition IS NOW my PT!? The one who tortures me always ask me what I had for lunch!?

Its... amazing? Haha. I dunno, it feels, haha, different? Yeah, definitely different. Guess I won't look at him the way I used to anymore. Not that he gives me a bad impression all this while, but, having to know him better now seems to boost up my confidence and trust in him (Ya know, he is, AFTERALL MY PT!! I PAID FOR THE HOURLY RATE ONE YOU KNOW!? So, ahem, of course, it'd be great to know who's really guiding me all the while ler-mar..). I may not know what happened to him in the cycling world, whether he stops, resigned, or kicked out or anything but, yah, I guess he gained my respect, tremendously.

His shoutout on his Friendster profile - "Hidup biar selamba". No wonder I have always find him, really... SLUMBER! LOLz!

So, moral of the story? That I should never take for granted, things I have around me. And that I should learn to appreciate and to value all those who crosses my path. HA! Easier said than done. XD

2 comments:

  1. wow, an intl cyclist as ur PT. dat's so cool wei! he probably retired from the sports arena, as it's quite normal when "age" catches up and you hit your twilight, to pass the baton to the nxt batch of athletes.

    all the more reason u hit the gym and stick wif this guy! goooo kenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u stick wif your yoga too ya babeh!

    ReplyDelete