31 December 2007

Thank god there wasn't any jam..
Monday, December 31, 2007

Thank god there wasn't any jam..

It was 6pm, 30th December 2007. Mom called and told me there was an emergency. My favourite aunt was at an unconscious state at her place (the grand-daughter was there and called for help) and they're on their way to the emergency unit at UHKL now! As soon as I put down the phone, I told Bliss I gotta go (still very calm, ... but not for long) I drove like a maniac. Never in my life, I got so terrified, I prayed so hard while driving to the hospital, hoping she'd be fine.

The doc said she was suffering from Hypotension. A shot of glucose is all it takes to get my aunt conscious again. Thank god!

Poor thing, she has no idea what happened, more so why is she lying on a hospital bed. Doc suspected it might be due to the recent diabetic medicine given to her by the GP in General Hospital - that it could be too strong for her condition. The advice is to stop the medicine for now and they'll prescribe a new one for her on the next follow up. She got discharged 4 hours later. We sent her home. Its good to see her walking, talking and laughing again. =)

MANA TAU....

8 hours later - 6am, 31st December 2007. The grand-daughter called up again! Its happening again! We rushed to her house. We couldn't wake her (my aunt) up. She was obviously snoring out loud, looks as though she's sleeping but we just couldn't wake her up. I drove to the hospital like mad again.. *ahem.. MAD but SAFE (yes, it IS possible)

Same thing, doc said its Hypotension.. its because of the strong dose of that bloody diabetic medicine and its probably happening again because the effect of the bloody diabetic medicine is still there and we just gotta wait for it to subside. Another shot of glucose, and my aunt regain conscious again. Talk about magic potion! And just to be safe, doc suggested my aunt to be admitted to the hospital ward. Fair enough!!

Memang drama... no shitz.

So there she is.. at the hospital now.. And here I am, about to go back to sleep again!! Lets hope everythings gonna be fine. Namo amiddabha..

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment