20 January 2008

UrrGh! (I'm terribly frust)
Sunday, January 20, 2008

UrrGh! (I'm terribly frust)

RANT! RANT! RANT!
Bosses/Directors - stop reading beyond this line!
A SO-CALLED "unfaithful" employee rant ahead!

Family can be so UNSUPPORTIVE! (Hell yeah.. I am talking about MY family!, you heard me rite! Hmph!!). The least they (parents) could do is congratulate me for getting an offer, but hell NO~ NOT EVEN A "Oh, that's good" or a *smile*- they just have to pull in another issue which I've made myself clear for gazillion times - the bloody yearly bonus ('bloody' cuz' I swear I heard them mentioning it every now and then since December) ! THAT's all they have in mind! THE BONUS!

"This is such a wrong time to resign.. If I'm your boss I won't give you any BONUS this year"
"I don't think you should look for a new job now - What if it affects your BONUS?"

What's wrong with parents? Its not as those I PURPOSELY choose to leave after getting the bonus. No wait, Its not EVEN as though I'd be getting one in the first place. Mind you, I have not performed well over the past 1 year. Things have been really stagnent. And if I don't deserve a bonus this year, I can SO UNDERSTAND why, and I blame no one! But if my company thinks I deserve some, there ought to be something I did right. RITE!? AND if they really decides to take it back just because they know I've been looking for jobs, HELL.. WHAT CAN I DO RITE? Ultimately, if thats really the case, then all I can say is they're so not professional - period - (which I hope is NOT the case, everything should be justifiable!)

But Noooo~~ parents insist I could've waited till May or June.. at least work for another few months AFTER the 'bonus' (the annoying-but-important B word again). Like yeahh.. by THAT time, I probably would drag my feet to work everyday! Wo-wee~ sounds FUN! (MY ASS). And as though that few months are gonna make much difference? So should I choose to leave now, I AM considered burning the bridge? and should I choose to leave 4-5 months from now, I leave with a good impression? NOT LIKE I CAN'T SEE WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM (of course, they have a point there *somewhere* , I have to agree) .. BUT, KA-CHINGS$$$ shouldn't be the MAIN concern here.. ultimately it all boils down to my career path - that's whats important! - obviously, the old folks don't understand a thing about my job. All they know is :

Son is working. Working != Career. Working = $$

SIGH!!.. I need a shoulder to cry on. Come .. lend me yours.

2 comments:

  1. U dun need a shoulder to cry on .. u need the MONEY dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's alrite. parents wl be parents. they're just concerned dat's all. mebbe not in the way u were expecting, but never the less, their hearts r in the right places.

    shld u cabut now and ur bosses decide to pull back ur bonus (if any at all), u oredi expcted it la, kan? if they still release it to u, it's a bonus then :) ultimately, follow ur heart. and remember, there's more to life than just work ;) u'll be fine, my good friend.

    ReplyDelete