14 September 2008

Colourful candles.
Sunday, September 14, 2008

Colourful candles.

Yo people! Happy Mid-Autumn(moth) Festival.

The day the moon is said to be ROUND and BRIGHT. I can't see it from my room, and its too much of a hassle to step out of the house. Furthermore, its raining. So much for the anticipation of a full moon tonight. Fwa lalalala...

I remember me, me bro and my cousins used to play around with candles (neh, those infamous colourful candles) during mid autumn festival - that was when I'm 7 or 8 years old? We would gathered around milo tins and bricks and do silly things that serves no purpose. More specifically, cook up a storm ... only, we don't taste/eat it.

i.e 1: Use the milo tin to boil water, add some sand into it, stir it around until it looks like 'milo', add some pandan leaves and DONE! Don't ask me why. I wouldn't know why we did it either. Perhaps our ambition THEN were to become chefs?? But one thing I'm sure, it smells good - we have the pandan leaves to thank.

i.e 2: Create a mini stove with the milo tin's cover as the frying pan, over 2 bricks with candles between em'. Now.. you are probably guessing what's there for us to fry. Nope, its not mooncakes. Nope its not stones, not candles. Are you ready for it? It's SNAILS - living SNAILS that is commonly found in gardens. Yep, we fry em up' (well, technically speaking, I'm just there to observe.., the 'frying' part is done by elder cousins *not guilty*) I must say, it smells perfect. Try imagining escargots.

Come to think of it now.. *gulp*, I wouldn't call it 'silly things'. I think 'nasty things' suits more.. horr? *gulp* Especially when innocent snails (LIFE we're talking about) were sacrificed. Aiya.. kids~ what to do? Wasn't that bright back then.. :pPpPppPp

In case you're wondering why lanterns are not in the picture, well.. that's cuz most of my cousins are BOY BOYs and they're probably too macho for lanterns. Anyway, I don't really fancy lanterns either. I'm too dumb to lit it up. Always end up hurting my own fingers. Perhaps that's why I'm not a smoker. Bad experience with lighter. Its probably too sophisticated for me bwahaha

... I'm not that bright afterall :p

2 comments: