05 January 2009

Home sick
Monday, January 05, 2009

Home sick

Somewhat Daily Report #1
(What TO DO? Promised some unker I'll do this)
Monday 5th January 2009
DAY 1 at "eeNie-T"
  1. Went around saying "Hi. I'm AutumnMoth / Hi, AutumnMoth." *shakes hand* Repeat 30 times. Tired? Nope. I felt tremendously silly. I don't understand WHY CAN'T PEOPLE INTRODUCE ANOTHER PERSON TO A GROUP AT A GO. Like "Hi, everyone. Meet AutumnMoth -fullstop-". Not like I can remember each of their names anyway - which, turns out indeed, I really can't .. I'm pretty bad with names. But I truly thanked the fella who made me feel welcomed. Really!

  2. Waited for a good 2 hours before my workstation arrives. Oh-la.. a Dell laptop (I dunno.. don't ask me why), with an external Samsung widescreen 17" LCD monitor - which I was previously told I'm not getting one - well, turns out to be quite a surprise~! (though I actually requested for the 22" mya -.-")

  3. Got 1 x Season Parking Pass - Yay~ parking covered~
    Got 2 x "eeNie-T" T-shirts - like I'm gonna wear it so frequently - -"
    Got 1 x "eeNie-T" 1GB PenDrive - no comment.... 1GB?! no comment...
    Got 1 x "eeNie-T" Pen - yay~ ... papers? Nope.. not provided. So what do I do with the pen? Am I supposed to shove it up somewhere? Now now, don't get the wrong idea :P *Notti *Notti

  4. While everyone (well, okay.. maybe NOT EVERYone) else is busy meddling with Flash and Photoshop, here I am doing 'nothing'. -nil- . Not wanted on a first day I guess :S ?? My only task for the day is to sit and wait till 6pm. And then go home (I MISS HOME!) - I don't want working life!! But I don't want study life either!! I wanna be a 'stick'. I wanna be a 'stick' that is pretty useless, in cantonese they called it "fai cai" ... I wonder why kids never put that as an ambition. HmMmm... its REALLY HARD TO BE ONE you know! Sibeh challenging!!

  5. And then, I was 'properly' introduced in an email to all the staff. Email subject reads "Let's welcome our new colleague at the Creative dept". Email content reads "is a HE. He has got nice short wavy hair and fair skin." Hmm.... technically speaking, it's not wrong. But .. . . . . I don't know, just sounded abit... off?. Anyway, thank you! Everyone then starts adding me to their MSN.... at the same time!

    "Bla bla wants to add you ... allow?" - *click allow, enter*
    "Bla bla wants to add you ... allow?" - *click allow, enter*
    "Bla bla wants to add you ... allow?" - *click allow, enter*

    Repeat 7 times...

    The funny thing is: I don't know who is who. I don't even know who they are. This is gonna take some time. And NO, I'm not that extroverted enough to go say "Hi, sorry, I didn't get your name earlier... you are?" - I mean, takkan I DO IT WITH EVERYONE -kan?

  6. I left the office sharp at 6pm :D

  7. Oh ya.. and how's the lunch time eh? --" Awkward (I can't spell *bleh).
There, my report on my first day at "eeNie-T" ~ AutumnMoth survived one(1) day
Clap clap clap clap *cheer* clap clap clap!!

Oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY 2009!!

3 comments: