04 May 2009

Pure moment of Silence
Monday, May 04, 2009

Pure moment of Silence

This, hurts.

I just attended my niece's wedding reception (cousin's daughter, a year younger than I do). All very well planned, beautiful bride and a handsome groom - supposedly a great evening. Indeed it was.. but what was kept and not known to the guests and some relatives of ours .. and even the bride herself is the fact that, there is death in the family on the very same day.

My eldest aunt; my cousin's mother, the bride's grandmother has departed in the morning. My cousin decided to keep the news away from his daughter - my niece (the bride) - knowing it's her big day tonight and it's gonna be a long night for her as well. The show has to go on...

Everyone else tried their best to carry that smile on their face this evening. Pretending as though nothing happened. I felt disgusted at some point. Terribly disgusted knowing my aunt is all alone right now in the hospital, all of us here enjoying ourselves celebrating over the newly weds and no single relative is there for her. This is a very very mixed up feeling. VERY!

It's just .. bad timing.
Can't blame the groom and the bride - they know nothing, -nil-
Can't blame my cousin - its her only daughter's wedding. Biggest day of her life. The reception is on, guests are there :(

I just hope my niece will stay strong upon receiving the news.
Hugs*


To my Aunt, May you Rest in Peace.

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment