30 August 2013

Beautiful passport, not
Friday, August 30, 2013

Beautiful passport, not

Okay, so I am not a frequent flyer nor am I much of a traveller and I don't really see and use my passport that often but please, just how much more ugly can our country's new passport be?

No wait. Even 'ugly' does not quite describe it - yes, 'ugly' is an understatement, no doubt about it.

Previously they printed a full copy of your colored photo and your personal details on the cover of the passport - not too bad I must say. But NOW, they print on a BLACK AND WHITE photo of you with the details (in black and purple text color) on a laminated plastic-material like thingamajig...

How .. hideous. My first impression - the photo looks like it belongs in a funeral and it definitely looks like, what we Chinese called '车头相' (the photo of the deceased placed in front of the funeral van). I mean, choyyyyyyyy~~!! Pooi hau sui!!! Just which stupiak person thought of and approved such design laaa??!

Why can't they use colored photo? Isn't it easier for the immigration officer to recognize you from a full colored photo instead? And they didn't even crop my photo out properly. My ears and neck were transparent, not white. What lousy photoshopping skill. And why purple font color for headers? *sweat*

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks of it this way.

Phooooo~! I have nothing else to say. Okla, finish ranting for the day :D

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment