18 February 2006

Of Magnets and IKEA (minus the 'A')
Saturday, February 18, 2006

Of Magnets and IKEA (minus the 'A')

Went to 1U after work to meet up with a few EDMers (coursemates) and while I was waiting for them to turn up (which takes forever!), I bumped into Magnet.. a secondary school friend of whom I had not seen for ages. Both of us had this 'I've-seen-you-somewhere, I-know-who-you are' look on our face and just within a split second, we recognise each other and starts yada yada yada...

Got to know the Magnet's magnet a.k.a Cwail, got married! The only thing that surprises me is probably the fact that he didn't invite me over his wedding reception. We all know Cwail is a person who'd put in alot of effort into a relationship (perhaps overly too much... my dear secondary school friend - we knew what happened before, don't we ?), and so, of him getting hitched early wasn't really a HUGE BIG news... but getting hitched so early at the age of... (count count count) 24! and he even bought his own HOUSE!? Wudda F*ck?

A HOUSE !! A HOUSE !! Somewhere you can live in and call it a home... I couldn't even afford a toyhouse~ Realistically, I couldn't even afford to rent a room, a room all to myself! *grins*... and he works as a salesperson? Bravo!~ It sure is intriguing to know how well your other friends fared in their life... NOT!

But yaa.. ultimately my point is : A friend of my age got married! .. Eeeks....Have we reached the 'ripe' age already ? (Not that it matters to me anyway) Gosh.. some people can just make some life's biggest decision THAT easily, with just a snap of finger !

--------------

And so, that was that.. Friends arrived much later (finally).. and while deciding where to head for dinner, we stopped by MPH. This time round, we bumped into our college lecturer, IKEa. Apparently he's back from UK and if I'm not mistaken, we last saw him 3 years ++ back. It amazes me that he still remember our names (and the people our batch). IKEa hasn't changed a lot physically.. looks much younger actually. Probably not as 3 8 as he used to be.. he has lost his childish side.. tsk tsk.. what a waste !!

It feels good that somehow a connection is still there and you're remembered in a way. Blergh!

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment