11 June 2006

My mommy said..
Sunday, June 11, 2006

My mommy said..

" You-ah, your hair looks more and more like those bad boy already-ah"

"Hairstyle also got bad boy no bad boy wan-meh?"

Its not really hard to tell if my mom is 'okay' with our change of looks and physical appearances like our selection of clothes, accessories, mannerism, and of course.. hairstyle. Our clue would be the one kind of look she gives us. Just one look - that's all it takes for us to know what's on her mind; nice/good/so so/not okay/big no no/bad.

I kinda expected some comments from her since day one when I had my hair cut about a month ago. From her initial split second gaze, I felt that her comments would land on the 'so so/not okay' level. But no, nothing came from her; which is weird, cause' I realized she looks at it every now and then as though there's a handful a dandruffs popping out (thats just an example, .... my hair is clean). Until now. Personally, I don't have any problems with her remark.. the thing that keeps me thinking is.. what exactly does she mean by 'bad boy'.. as in the lala pai kia bad boy ? the HK black triad 'gu wak zai' bad boy ? the mafia kinda bad boy ? what ? And yes, I do care which category I fell into because I mind.. it spoils my image and I wanna know how badly its spoilt. HEY I am afterall a B.G.B and I couldn't and I WON'T let myself placed together with the la la clan, dig THAT? Hmph... mothers can be so 'surface' sometimes. Why can't they be abit more 'specific' ie:

" You-ah, your hair looks more and more like those 'lala pai kia' bad boy already-ah"

Wouldn't it be easier this way then? Then I won't have to struggle to find out how bad it ruins my physical reputation and I'd know how to counter attack her comments instead of just replying:

"Hairstyle also got bad boy no bad boy wan-meh?" ( Which is so lame, btw )

I could've replied with something like this:

"Ah Mom!, That's good news! That means there's hope for the lala pai kia clan, for I'm there with them now. As the new recruit and the most creative of all Lalas, I will help start out a new trend - demolishing all the stereotypical lala look and fashion sense. Lala-ism will definitely undergo a revolution and I foresee its heading the right way finally - where lalas would no longer portrayed to be anti-intellectual, superficial and materialistic and shallow. (Smile)"

But NNnoo.. I didn't.. I replied with this boring mundane piece of *toot* :

"Hairstyle also got bad boy no bad boy wan-meh?"

Eeesh.. Yucks. Ptuii.. How can I even think of that in the first place? I totally lost my taste for words (Thinking : must be the side effect of the Maggi mee I had for late lunch today. The monosodium glutamate is destroying my creative cells and juices.. sheesh.. no wonder I hate it so much, I finished the whole big bowl of it! Blergh!)

2 comments:

  1. Yaa...Wuz in Redang when you called. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. update ler wei!!

    talk about last night's dinner!

    -S.

    ReplyDelete