07 January 2007

Yo NihonGo~
Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yo NihonGo~

I've been chatting in Japanese with some of my Online friends lately. I always thought my Nihongo had gone down the drain. But apparently *surprised look*, I recalled most of my vocabs, grammars and words. For someone who had only took 1 semester of Jap class in university, my friend said I'm doing quite well. What an ego-boost. I felt terribly excited - I can finally put what I've learnt to practical use. Seeing them communicate in Nihongo makes me want to further pursue the language. I can't help but imagine how good it'd be, if I can master the language and converse in Nihongo - I don't know why either. I Like Nihongo. I've always wanted to learn Nihongo - but can never find the time, the place and most importantly, the ka-ching $ ...

And then irony strikes when my cousin brought her Japanese friend over for dinner tonight. Its like... out of a sudden, Nippon (as a whole) seems to be connecting to me. How bizzarre hahaha. Its beginning to look like a hint - that I should improvise and further study Nihongo.

My cousin told her Jap friend that I speak abit of Jap. Immediately The the Jap friend asked, 'You speak Japanese?', and I go 'aah!..chotto dake desu (a little bit only)' *shy* It feels nice to be able to speak a foreign language - and most importantly to make him (the Jap fella) feels at 'home'.

So I asked my friend for recommendation on Language centers where I can pick up Nihongo kurasu. He recommended ICLS. I've asked about ICLS before (2 years back) but as usual, my excuse for not applying revolves around ... time and money. But then, *SURPRISED* when I check out the website this time round, I realized they have a branch in DU ! - Near where I work ~ My office is just like.. around the corner~ How convenient is that!?

Oh shoots... I know I must do SOMETHING already hahaha.

So there I go.. requested for a course schedule. Awaiting for an email from ICLS. Butthen... I haven't laid me hands on books for such a long time and exams were like ... what is exam?? So, I'm abit worried about that. Cause' it takes more than just an interest and passion for the language. Like I told my online friend (who is hoping I'll take it up), No promises yet. But I'll see what I can do :)

Where there's a will , there's a way.

*But I'm lacking strong willpower*

5 comments:

  1. woohoo!!!!

    ganbatte!!!...

    or

    ... gambatte?!

    -plastyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganbatte がんばって !! p(^^)q

    ReplyDelete
  3. correction : not ICLS beh, is the fili-feleh who emailed u + the one i spoke to on the phone, beh dou sei..

    ReplyDelete
  4. okok.. anyway.. I WANT UPDATES!!!

    ReplyDelete