26 January 2008

In this game, I gotta be patient
Saturday, January 26, 2008

In this game, I gotta be patient

Looking for a job is not an easy task. Looking for a job which requires you to go through medical checkup and shit especially for post-BMT patients like me is HELL!

( A loud collective *SIGH* )

Looks like I gotta postpone my plan a little. The latest news I received is, I gotta go get a medical report from the Medical Record Dept. of UMMC (previously referred as UHKL) - where I usually do my monthly checkup. What I heard was, ING needs written consent from my Dr. regarding my medical condition. And although this is just for further clarification purposes, there's no way the HR's gonna release the letter to me because of that darn medical 'clause' stated in the letter prior to appointment. (So Jillie : you were right about the mah-fan-ness caused by my prev leu)

On the bright side, the HR is willing to help and do most of the paper work and deal with the UMMC people, minimizing the hassle (which caused me time and energy) as much as possible. So, she'll get some documents ready, fax it over to UMMC on Monday and see what's the next step - whether or not, I'd need to be there (at the hospital) personally or everything could be done at their side and all I do is collect it (the medical report) myself some other day.

( *Shakes head* I felt so moody already... )

I had the same issue previously when I first bought my life insurance 6 years ago. The same thing - need to go through the Medical Record Dept. shit and if I'm not mistaken, the entire process took ages. Now that's what I meant by having to postpone my plan a little. It'll take ages that's why! (I hope things would be faster now, WAY faster!)

..............

Of course, I could've opted NOT to tell anything at the first place and lie my way in. But I think it IS necessary. They (the company) ought to know and I think its just fair for me to inform them. No one's at fault. Just troublesome - cause I need to do an EXTRA step as compared to other people.

Morever, if I don't do it with this company, chances are, I'll have to do the same thing at another. So, the same issue still arises. Better acknowledge and confront it now than later - at least I get an idea of how complicated these things are in my case. No? (yah.. self-comforting, I know)

( *SIGH* )

Well, can't do anything at the moment. Just gotta wait~

1 comment:

  1. Ya, if you don't do it now you'll have to do it sooner or later anyway!

    No escape!

    Anyhow even if you didn't tell them, how the hell are you going to get away with your monthly checkups? (not everyone can do a sotong y'know)

    tee hee hee! Good luck nonetheless, that only means we have you for a BIIIT longer than expected! :D

    ReplyDelete