25 October 2008

Grey at Grey
Saturday, October 25, 2008

Grey at Grey

I don't even know how to start this. But I'm glad it ended.

Its not easy to be in the design field, even harder when you're in the advertising line. When you screwed up a big account, you're literally screwed. No one is there to see your success; but many will witness your failure.

I walked into the lion's den with 2 other senior level managers. Questions after questions- its not hard to tell the lion's been waiting for the chance to strike at its prey(not me).

"Why is this happening" , "Why is this not met" , "Why" , "Why", "Why", "Why", asked Mr. Lionel.

*(very) harsh statement follows*
*toooot* *toooooooot*

No one dare uttered a single word. I did not, for I felt its only fair for Lionel to ask. He ought to know the actual story. . . (which he should have, WAY earlier). Why wasn't the issue brought up earlier then? - Because no one really cares until there's a problem, that's why!

I felt pity for both parties actually - the one who're scolding and the one who're being scolded. In fact, I felt terribly miserable sitting in for a discussion over the fault of mis-management and mis-communication ..AGAIN!

Will they ever learn?

2 comments:

  1. Usually.. they'll never learn. That's why sometimes it's better to be in a minuscule team with everyone knowing everything, than to hide everything.

    Life's like that yo!

    ReplyDelete