26 October 2008

You only paid me 'this' much.
Sunday, October 26, 2008

You only paid me 'this' much.

1pm on a Saturday afternoon..

CunningOldFox (the Acc. Director) calling me up on my mobile.

Moth: (picks up the phone) Hello?

CunningOldFox: Hey.. Hi. Still sleeping?

Moth: Yea.. *blur* its okay. What's up?

CunningOldFox: Heh.. sorry. Listen, uh.. Remember I told you we need to push forward the material submission for Project A next week?

Moth: Yes. You need it on Tuesday right? (as opposed to Friday)

CunningOldFox: Correct. Seeing that you'll have it (Project A) done earlier now, do you think you have time to work on Project B then?

Moth: (paused) ... I thought we're outsourcing Project B to Company M.

CunningOldFOx: Yea.. but the CE is not signed yet, and I couldn't get hold of any Flash designers. You think you start on it first just to show them (client) something for next week's review?

Moth: I don't think so. (The team is) Quite packed next week.

CunningOldFox: Cause' uhm... Lionel spoke to me yesterday. He wanted me to take over this account (from the one who got scolded yesterday - read previous post) and get this rolling *sigh* Do you know any flash designers around who'll be keen on the job?

Moth: Not that I know of. I can try asking around for you.

CunningOldFox: Mmm.. (sounds worried). Uhh... okay then. I'll call you again later today then.

Moth: Okay. Bye (Zzz.. went back to sleep)

Dear dumb CunningOldFox,

Is that MY PROBLEM that you can't get hold of someone to do the shit for you? Waking me up on a nice Saturday afternoon. WTF is wrong with you weekend workaholic? Just get a bloody list of vendors available and ask around!

We already had a conversation (WIP) over the Creative team's workload. Final decision to outsource it has already been confirmed last Wednesday MORNING and now you're coming back to me ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON to say you can't find anyone to do it?! WORST OF ALL - you want me to do it for you? Chiiii - sin.

And I absolutely don't understand the logic of yours. First things first, you're pushing us to deliver Project A on Tuesday as opposed to Friday. THAT itself has made the designers' life difficult. Secondly, what do you mean by,

'Seeing that you'll have it (Project A) done earlier now, do you think you have time to work on Project B then?'

Excuse moi.. how do you justify the time slots? It doesn't even make sense. Tak tau matematik mya kah? Chiiii - sin.

Big company these days are paying so much for who can talk cock and does nothing. So shiok. Every now and then you see (useless) people getting promoted. Its about time I ask for more wages and a high position and try doing nothing and grow up to be like CunningOldFox someday (..and get bitched about by a junior level on his/her blog kekekeke)

So salah mya thinking. Tsk tsk autumn moth - What's gonna happen to you.. ?

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment