07 November 2008

Win-win situation? Sez who?
Friday, November 07, 2008

Win-win situation? Sez who?

Mama Jill - THIS.. is what happened.

CEO refused to accept my resignation letter (which of course, I checked with HR - and there's no such thing as a company holding up your resignation, so .. f*cked it lar kan?). Explained all the issues I had over the 8 months in the department/company and he came up with this (not-so) brilliant idea of his - I no longer have to report to my superior (the business head of the interactive team). Instead, me and my interactive designers would be placed under the Creative team (the print media), parked under the Creative Group Head, fully supported and protected by Traffics, and moved out of the 'stupid room' which I've been complaining about.

CEO: It's a win-win situation. Not just for you. It's for the Interactive team. What's there to think? This is not the best solution, but good enough to solve all your concerns. You will now have mentorship from the Sr. ADs / CDs / Creative Group Head. You have traffic to oversee all the deadlines and f*cked the servicing ppl for you. You can move out of the room - thus overcome your health problem due to the dust and bad ventilation. 2 months - that's all I need - I will ensure things would be better then. If it doesn't, I would have nothing to stop you from leaving then. C'mon, 2 months - its a fair request.

I personally reckon its a good move.... FOR the interactive team, specifically designers but not me. Obviously, my issues are WAY MORE than just the surface problem he just mentioned. And obviously, there's no way I can talk him out THAT MOMENT - so I told him I will get back to him on my final decision, therefore NOT AGREE-ing to anything yet.

I was ignored-LORR. As soon as I walked out of his room, he told the Traffic, HR and Creative Group Head about moving us out. He even talked to my superior about this IMMEDIATE new restructuring. *no eye see*

I went on talking to HR. She's good. At least she is seeing things from MY perspective. Alot of helpful tips and advise given :) As for my superior, ... well.. . . knowing the CHILDISH him, he starts ignoring me the whole day - colleagues said I am now officially placed in COLDStorage because 1) I resigned - I'm no longer part of his team, 2) I caused the restructuring - thus made him lose his team (technically speaking, its NOT me.. its the CEO), 3) I don't have to report to him anymore, so he doesn't care.

Anyhow of course, my final decision is set. I am leaving. I will leave come January 2009.

However, for the sake of my designers and those who'd be joining us soon, I'll have to 'gao tim' all the talkings, discussions, expectations, managings of the Interactive team with my new boss - the Creative Group Head, and the Traffics AND sit down calmly and talked this out with my old boss whether he likes it or not/wants to see my face or not. Maklum-lar, I very responsible-geh.. I die nevermind.. asalkan my team don't die.

"What about the money issue?", some asked.

Does it matter now?

3 comments:

  1. change is hard to come by, as it takes more than teamwork. takes a lot of perseverance and commitment, and most importantly, the people. now faster come cuci my rumah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.
    Well... At least they tried to come up with a solution lah. Even if it doesn't necessarily involves solving your problems.

    But holding back resignation - no such thing loh!! If you wanna leave you should leave. Or do something that makes them fire you, tee hee hee! What I don't get is - why they wanna keep someone who's heart isn't already in the job? There is no point to that anymore loh.

    HOWEVER.. after attempting to solve it I reckon the reaction is quite childish lohh. HAIH.

    And yes, money is such temporary joy.

    So you wanna come over and wash house for me too? Change bedsheet also? can? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oli - very fast d larr.. 1.5 months to go ... . . . . . .*sienzzz*

    jillies - very demotivated these days. 1.5 months more to go - seems pretty long to me lor. u want me wash ur house too? can... change bedsheet? cann... no problem. i clean and i scrub nice nice.. going rate at 10k per month. thank you boss~ (negotiable)

    ReplyDelete