14 March 2009

" Hey! are you BACK here? "
Saturday, March 14, 2009

" Hey! are you BACK here? "

I used to work for AA. I am now working for BB.

CC is calling for a pitch for its interactive project. A friend of mine, who is working at CC asked if there's any interactive agency I could recommend as potential vendor. Naturally, I recommended BB. What I didn't know was, at the end of the pitch - it was down between BB and AA. What 'awesome' coincidence I know!

CC can't decide on one. They will make a decision based on creative mocks. Hence both BB and AA was called in for a creative briefing. I was there for the meeting. I was shocked to find out they will be doing the briefing to both BB and AA together at the same time - which bloody means I'd be facing my ex-team mates and my ex-bosses :S

It... was kinda weird... MAKE THAT VERY VERY WEIRD AND AWKWARD!

I know every single one of them from AA. They are my friends. They were part of my family. I used to sit with them during meetings, discussing things and what-not. But today, (only 3 months after I left AA) I was sitting at the opposite direction. Today, we're competitors!

It's.... STRANGE. I can't share my ideas with them anymore! But but but I felt so comfortable with them. More so, than my own (current) team. I wanted to WIN the pitch for AA (or so, I used to think that way).. but now, I have to WIN for BB. It's abit of a drastic change :S

---------------------------

As for CC... well, actually... CC and AA is under the same company but different divisions - which means.. I actually know the people from CC as well. And almost every single person who walks in and out, I'd have to say 'Hi. How are you? It's been awhile :D'

Some even asked if I'm back (working for AA) -_-" and then I have to go through the trouble of explaining and telling them 'nawhh.. I'm here with my new company. We're the vendor bla bla bla'

Yahh.. really really awkward situation.

0 bright lights:

Post a Comment