06 September 2008

190 days..
Saturday, September 06, 2008

190 days..

6 months at my current company. More than enough to tell what went wrong, what benefits me. My strength and weaknesses clearly shown to my supervisors and fellow colleageus.

I remember telling BuBu just the other day, how fake I am. Apparently, I'm no difference from the rest. 190 days now and finally I realized, I've joined a masquerade and I'm doing pretty well at that. Doesn't sound very good - but I guess I have to, although some might not understand why I should (be such a faker). Certain things are best kept a secret. Sometimes, you just have to uncover it yourself .. and when you do, congrats.. you are finally growing and seeing a much broader perspective. And when you finally get it, you'll know its not easy to be in my position.

I used to say how Ms. Biatch and Ms. F*cking Loud can be so fake. One minute, Ms. Biatch was getting scolded by Ms. F*cking Loud, the next minute you'll see them happily having lunch at Pavilion, smiling and laughing. Well, I've observed myself lately, and to my surprise, ... its the same. I am not in good condition with one of my superiors either, both of us know its hard to deal with each other, but we have to work as a team whether we like it or not - he needs my expertise in design, I needed his in (his unskillful) project management. Parasites sorta. And so, we're in constant mask-wearing mode, politely addressing each other's need and coming up with a solution. I can be swearing at his incompetency this very second, then smiling and talking to him the very next.

Tsk.

Steering away a lil', I went for couple of interviews lately. 1 at an ad agency, 1 at an interactive agency, 1 at an event house. 3 different places, 3 different jobscopes and requirements needed and I have to wait for their reply. Instinct tells me, the ad agency option is down, so I'm left with the other 2 more chances. Will see how it goes.

How I wish I can be like QiQi - quit first and think about securing a job later. How very daring of her (well, technically speaking, been there done that... that's why I know its not easy and its a very daring act, lol)

SMILE! :D

4 comments:

  1. Because it's a 2 months notice lol! Seriously, I need to get out first as it's too busy to go for any interviews at all! I wish you all the best in your job hunt :) We ganbatte together ya? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah, okay okay. Ganbatte ne!? p(^^)q

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Autumn Moth. Read "On Creativity Awakening The Creative Mind (Leo Ann Mean)" that you bought some time ago? Any comments? Am the author.

    ReplyDelete